Saturday, March 2, 2013

(March 2) Evolution of a book cover






















The book cover is seriously taking shape.

My illustrator sent me this new drawing. You can compare it to the first one she sent to me two weeks ago at (the end of this blog).

Johanne had a few questions. She suggested putting a food truck on the lower left side of the cover, by the tree.













I counter-suggested she draws a streetcar instead. (She doesn't know I'm not talking about food trucks.) We send each other images to clarify what we have in mind.










She wasn't sure about the garden chair above the tree. I suggested a scene or display from a designer or vintage store and sent her a bunch of photos I took in different stores.




















It's a fun collaboration. (To be continued...)


Related blogs about:




No comments:

Post a Comment