Monday, January 14, 2013

(Jan. 14) About sales reps


Meeting with the Sales reps

Once in a while, it's fun to be reminded that we're not alone in our venture! Today, I was meeting with the fun team of Sales reps at Ampersand Inc. (the national book & gift sales agency with whom I have had a contract for the last few years).


Ampersand Inc. recently moved their Toronto office from King West to Carlaw Avenue (two blocks from my house!).

As the publisher (and author), it is my job to get the team excited about my books. Today, I brought them some facts sheets to distribute to their clients. The ones they're currently meeting will be buying for this Spring. 

Of course, the Sales reps don't have my new book in hand, but they've already seen the quality of Toronto Urban Strolls... for girlfriends (Part 1). I explained to them what will be included in the new one, how the cover will differ. And I told them a few of my adventures on the field (my war stories).

I also gave them feedback I got from my readers so they have a better understanding of the market interested in this kind of product.
Bridge between the distributor and the Sales reps
Following this meeting, I'm to get from my distributor a break-down of the clients who bought the guides and the quantity they ordered and pass it on to Ampersand so they know where each client stands when they meet with them.

What my facts sheets look like

Related blogs about:





No comments:

Post a Comment