Tuesday, December 4, 2012

(Dec. 04) About research

About research
I picked up my friend from Montreal at Union Station Sunday night and she's leaving today at 5 pm, which means I've been focusing on taking her to places where I need to take photos for Toronto Urban Strolls 2.












Of course, we could not do this 24-7. I played the chauffeur, stopped at a Starbucks to work (thanks to wifi) while she had a business lunch. Then, I took her to Shops at Don Mills (the suitable finish for my new Edward Gardens Mansions Stroll (including a walk around the Bridle Path).

Shops at Don Mills is really pretty at this time of the year. We had a bite at Glow... because I love the decor. Food was good and at the end they brought a tray of $3 dessert shooters to choose from.




We had a great time at Anthropologie where I showed great restraint while my friend splurged (she actually just read this line and insists that this doesn't qualify as splurging). 

Later on we went to Koreatown to try a restaurant. We ended up doing everything wrong at Bryan's BBQ (606 Bloor West) thanks to a series of misunderstanding between us and our waiter regarding complicated rules to approach their all-you-can-eat deal. 
Bottom line, don't order their all-you-can-eat deal if you're not a male teenager or if you've eaten in the three days prior to your visit to Bryan's. (I had chosen the place for the exotic experience of eating under funny looking vents over the grills installed at each table.)

Today, I think we'll go to The Junction. There are a few restaurants I want to visit.


Related blogs about:









No comments:

Post a Comment